- GIMA was founded in Zola Predosa (BO)
1978 – 1990
- It enters in the Media sector and becomes the leader of this sector until 1997
- It enters in the Moulding Automation sector
- The Media sector starts its reduction phase with a progressive decrease up to the end
- GIMA enters in the Chewingum and Candies Packaging sector with innovative solutions
- It enters in the Chocolate Packaging sector
- The company designs and produce its first capsule filling machine for the Coffee Packaging sector and today it continues by developing new models successfully.
- It enters in the Pharma Packaging sector
- GIMA becomes part of the IMA Group, world leader in the design and manufacture of automatic machines for the processing and packaging of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, tea, coffee and foods.
- GIMA is one of the main companies, part of IMA Group, focused on the non-pharmaceutical packaging markets.